trust me. it probably sucks

trust me.  it probably sucks

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Rock

What is "New Rock"? Since I could find no complete definition (for closest approximation, see: "Alt" Rock) I will flood you with examples:

ShineDown
Three Days Grace
NICKELBACK (seriously? this is a real band?)
Linkin Park
Puddle of Mudd
Sixx AM
Seether

What do these bands have in common, besides a serious need for spellcheck? Simple guitar chords that all the coolest dudes can recreate at home on their yamaha guitars that mom bought them for Christmas.







While I'll admit that I once recieved a Yamaha guitar for Christmas (and you bet your bottom dollar I can't play one note on that sucker), I do not kid myself into thinking I am a rising star. Shame on you [insert terribly named EXTREME new rock station] for letting fetuses think that because they can copy four chords and scream into a microphone that they, too, can be a musician. Shame on YOU, listeners, for also encouraging kids to do this. Most importantly, shame on you, idiot kid in my class, telling me you like bands like Breaking Benjamin--and not being able to answer who benjamin is and why he his being broken.

If you ask me if I know/care about Breaking Benjamin, I WILL write you off in my book.

. . . and trust me, I do have a book.

parents, do yourself a favor and sterilize your children.

g$

No comments:

Post a Comment