trust me. it probably sucks

trust me.  it probably sucks

Monday, April 26, 2010

VIBRATE (ZZZ)

So, I am sitting in class, trying ever-so-ardently to pay attention to the professor when I hear
. . . zzz . . . zzz



I look over and blondilocks(She isn't fooling anyone with her dark roots, and she increasingly reminds me of Eminem's beloved Kim) is texting away on her phone.




She puts her trusty cellular back into her lap, so that no more than one minute later I can hear a reprieve of
. . . zzz . . . zzz

LUCKY ME: this activity continued for the duration of the entire class.



It is really quite hard for me to learn about childhood personality disorders while Blondi (with a heart over the "i", duh!) writing a damn novel (xCepT shE prObAbLi rOtE iT lyKe DiS).




Honestly, any amount of vibration that is taking place in the lap region should be confined to the bedroom or bathroom. I do not feel it necessary to be present during Blondi's private vibration sessions.




I feel(no pun intended) the VIBRATE setting [aside from private time] is for times that one is in public and too embarrassed to let his or her ring tone be heard(I really think i hate 9/10 personalized ring tones I hear; the exception being that Geico commercial ring tone. I really can't get enough of that ring a ding ding ding di dong).





While I have undoubtedly been guilty of utilizing technology while my professor is trying to cram information into my noggin, but at least I put my phone on silent and then [obnoxiously] check it every time [that I think] I see it light up. It really provides more excitement for the texter as well (is that flash of light just the sun, or is it. . . could it be. . . A TEXT MESSAGE).


The bottom line is: we all must make distractions for ourselves to prevent actual learning from taking place in the classroom, but the key rule in the distraction game is to distract yourself while remaining undetected to others simultaneously trying to learn/distract themselves.

It's a delicate equilibrium maintained in the classroom. Do not let your good vibrations shake things up.
PLEASE STERILIZE YOUR CHILDREN
g$

No comments:

Post a Comment